The Source is Open, n00bs Welcome
I was discussing the topic of posting to a high profile site like Linux Journal with a friend of mine recently. Their take on the issue is that it can be intimidating to say stuff, either in a blog like this, or in a forum post, because of the "what if I mess up" concern.
I understand that concern, and sure, it's important not to claim expertise where there is none. It's also important to realize that everyone interested in Linux has the, "keys to the kingdom" so to speak. So I urge everyone reading: Don't hesitate in contributing just because you feel you don't measure up. Heck, they let me into this place, so there's hope for everyone. :)
Don't understand what Ubuntu means? Me neither.
Afraid someone might find out you're not all knowing? Eh, we already know.
So get involved. Post in the forums. If you get ridiculed, I'll get out my ugly stick and beat down the offenders. If it gets too serious, I'll make some armpit noises to soften the mood. Oh, and while you're in the forums, buy me a Chumby!
Win an iPhone 6
Enter to Win
|Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?||Nov 25, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
|Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH||Nov 23, 2015|
|Web Stores Held Hostage||Nov 19, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Nov 17, 2015|
|Recipy for Science||Nov 16, 2015|
- Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- PuppetLabs Introduces Application Orchestration
- Simple Photo Editing, Linux Edition!
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- November 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration
- It's a Bird. It's Another Bird!