Analysts Make Room For Linux Desktops
A new report on Windows Vista implementation has just been released, and analysts are interpreting it as giving a wide window for Linux in small businesses.
Benjamin Gray, an analyst for Forrester Research — the source of the report — says that client data shows Linux "is not going away any time soon." Gray went on to say that they expect to see growth in desktop deployment of Linux systems in small businesses over the next year.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
11am CDT, April 29th
- DevOps: Better Than the Sum of Its Parts
- Return of the Mac
- Drupageddon: SQL Injection, Database Abstraction and Hundreds of Thousands of Web Sites
- Play for Me, Jarvis
- Non-Linux FOSS: .NET?
- Not So Dynamic Updates
- Designing Foils with XFLR5
- Users, Permissions and Multitenant Sites
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development