Analysts Make Room For Linux Desktops
A new report on Windows Vista implementation has just been released, and analysts are interpreting it as giving a wide window for Linux in small businesses.
Benjamin Gray, an analyst for Forrester Research — the source of the report — says that client data shows Linux "is not going away any time soon." Gray went on to say that they expect to see growth in desktop deployment of Linux systems in small businesses over the next year.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Linux Kernel Testing and Debugging
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Wanted: Your Embedded Linux Projects
- Tails above the Rest, Part III
- RSS Feeds
- Numerical Python
- Dolphins in the NSA Dragnet
- The 101 Uses of OpenSSH: Part I
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Tails above the Rest: the Installation