Analysts Make Room For Linux Desktops
A new report on Windows Vista implementation has just been released, and analysts are interpreting it as giving a wide window for Linux in small businesses.
Benjamin Gray, an analyst for Forrester Research — the source of the report — says that client data shows Linux "is not going away any time soon." Gray went on to say that they expect to see growth in desktop deployment of Linux systems in small businesses over the next year.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Geek Guide: The DevOps Toolbox
- Nmap—Not Just for Evil!
- Download "The DevOps Toolbox: Tools and Technologies for Scale and Reliability"
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- Resurrecting the Armadillo
- DNSMasq, the Pint-Sized Super Dæmon!
- Real-Time Rogue Wireless Access Point Detection with the Raspberry Pi
- Localhost DNS Cache
- March 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration
- Days Between Dates: the Counting