Sun Takes On Virtualisation In The Open
Sun Microsystems made the move into the virtualisation market Wednesday, with the announcement of Sun xVM, their new open source virtualisation platform.
The announcement came during Sun CEO Jonathan Schwartz's keynote address at the Oracle OpenWorld conference, citing customer feedback about proprietary offerings as the reason for the open source initiative. Sun also began a new community for open source virtualisation developers with the launch of openxvm.org.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Machine Learning Everywhere
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Linux Apprentice: Improve Bash Shell Scripts Using Dialog
- Own Your DNS Data
- Understanding OpenStack's Success
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Simple Server Hardening
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Natalie Rusk's Scratch Coding Cards (No Starch Press)