Sun Takes On Virtualisation In The Open
Sun Microsystems made the move into the virtualisation market Wednesday, with the announcement of Sun xVM, their new open source virtualisation platform.
The announcement came during Sun CEO Jonathan Schwartz's keynote address at the Oracle OpenWorld conference, citing customer feedback about proprietary offerings as the reason for the open source initiative. Sun also began a new community for open source virtualisation developers with the launch of openxvm.org.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Understanding OpenStack's Success
- Ensono M.O.
- Own Your DNS Data
- Teradici's Cloud Access Platform: "Plug & Play" Cloud for the Enterprise
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- Natalie Rusk's Scratch Coding Cards (No Starch Press)