Sun Takes On Virtualisation In The Open
Sun Microsystems made the move into the virtualisation market Wednesday, with the announcement of Sun xVM, their new open source virtualisation platform.
The announcement came during Sun CEO Jonathan Schwartz's keynote address at the Oracle OpenWorld conference, citing customer feedback about proprietary offerings as the reason for the open source initiative. Sun also began a new community for open source virtualisation developers with the launch of openxvm.org.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Integrating Trac, Jenkins and Cobbler—Customizing Linux Operating Systems for Organizational Needs
- New Products
- Non-Linux FOSS: Remember Burning ISOs?
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- EdgeRouter Lite
- RSS Feeds
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- SUSE, MariaDB and IBM team up to tame Big Data