Sun Takes On Virtualisation In The Open
Sun Microsystems made the move into the virtualisation market Wednesday, with the announcement of Sun xVM, their new open source virtualisation platform.
The announcement came during Sun CEO Jonathan Schwartz's keynote address at the Oracle OpenWorld conference, citing customer feedback about proprietary offerings as the reason for the open source initiative. Sun also began a new community for open source virtualisation developers with the launch of openxvm.org.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Giving Silos Their Due
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software
- Server Hardening
- 22 Years of Linux Journal on One DVD - Now Available
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- February 2016 Issue of Linux Journal
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Firefox OS