Sun Takes On Virtualisation In The Open
Sun Microsystems made the move into the virtualisation market Wednesday, with the announcement of Sun xVM, their new open source virtualisation platform.
The announcement came during Sun CEO Jonathan Schwartz's keynote address at the Oracle OpenWorld conference, citing customer feedback about proprietary offerings as the reason for the open source initiative. Sun also began a new community for open source virtualisation developers with the launch of openxvm.org.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
- Linux Journal
- Be a Mechanic...with Android and Linux!
- New Products
- Users, Permissions and Multitenant Sites
- Flexible Access Control with Squid Proxy
- Security in Three Ds: Detect, Decide and Deny
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- Solving ODEs on Linux
- DevOps: Everything You Need to Know
- Tighten Up SSH
- Non-Linux FOSS: MenuMeters