XM, Sirius Merger Moving Ahead
Today was a busy day in the mergers and acquisitions market, with the news of an overwhelming vote of support for the merger of XM and Sirius balancing out the European Commission's announcement of an investigation of Google's acquisition of DoubleClick.
According to reports, 99.8% of XM shareholders voted to approve the merger, which would award each shareholder 4.6 shares of Sirius for each XM share. A similar vote was scheduled for Sirius shareholders, but results were not immediately available.
It appears the merger is close to finalization, as the Federal Communications Commission and Justice Department both seem poised to okay the move.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
|Silicon Mechanics Gives Back||Jul 30, 2014|
|Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time||Jul 29, 2014|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Jul 23, 2014|
|Great Scott! It's Version 13!||Jul 21, 2014|
|Adminer—Better Than Awesome!||Jul 17, 2014|
|It Actually Is Rocket Science||Jul 16, 2014|
- Silicon Mechanics Gives Back
- Numerical Python
- Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Technical Support Rep
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python