XM, Sirius Merger Moving Ahead
Today was a busy day in the mergers and acquisitions market, with the news of an overwhelming vote of support for the merger of XM and Sirius balancing out the European Commission's announcement of an investigation of Google's acquisition of DoubleClick.
According to reports, 99.8% of XM shareholders voted to approve the merger, which would award each shareholder 4.6 shares of Sirius for each XM share. A similar vote was scheduled for Sirius shareholders, but results were not immediately available.
It appears the merger is close to finalization, as the Federal Communications Commission and Justice Department both seem poised to okay the move.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
We offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, and advice & help from the expert sources like:
- Linux Journal
- New Products
- Users, Permissions and Multitenant Sites
- Flexible Access Control with Squid Proxy
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- Security in Three Ds: Detect, Decide and Deny
- Tighten Up SSH
- DevOps: Everything You Need to Know
- Non-Linux FOSS: MenuMeters
- Solving ODEs on Linux
- Android Candy: Bluetooth Auto Connect