XM, Sirius Merger Moving Ahead
Today was a busy day in the mergers and acquisitions market, with the news of an overwhelming vote of support for the merger of XM and Sirius balancing out the European Commission's announcement of an investigation of Google's acquisition of DoubleClick.
According to reports, 99.8% of XM shareholders voted to approve the merger, which would award each shareholder 4.6 shares of Sirius for each XM share. A similar vote was scheduled for Sirius shareholders, but results were not immediately available.
It appears the merger is close to finalization, as the Federal Communications Commission and Justice Department both seem poised to okay the move.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
|Privacy Is Personal||Jul 02, 2015|
|July 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Mobile||Jul 01, 2015|
|July 2015 Video Preview||Jul 01, 2015|
|PHP for Non-Developers||Jun 30, 2015|
|A Code Boot Camp for Underprivileged Kids||Jun 30, 2015|
|Comprehensive Identity Management and Audit for Red Hat Enterprise Linux||Jun 29, 2015|
- Privacy Is Personal
- PHP for Non-Developers
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory
- Linux Kernel 4.1 Released
- July 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Mobile
- Django Templates
- Comprehensive Identity Management and Audit for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- A Code Boot Camp for Underprivileged Kids
- Practical Books for the Most Technical People on the Planet
- Attack of the Drones