After school programming class. What to teach?
I may be teaching some high school & middle school kids programming as part of an after school program. Any advice on a language, especially if there are resources available (ie, less work for me!)
Their experience would be zero, and mine is limited to BASH scripts used to do menial work on my Linux servers.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Server Hardening
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- 22 Years of Linux Journal on One DVD - Now Available
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software