Red Hat Is Up With The Sun
The ink appears to be dry on Red Hat's sign-up as part of Sun's open-source Java program, OpenJDK.
Red Hat will now be integrating the work it's done on the Java SE JDK, called IcedTea, with the OpenJDK project, and will eventually offer an implementation for it's Enterprise distro. Red Hat currently provides open-source alternatives to the proprietary elements that remain in OpenJDK.
Red Hat will also be taking a seat on the Executive Committee of the Java Community Process, the body that oversees Java development.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- Readers' Choice Awards--Nominate Your Apps & Gadgets Now!
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Non-Linux FOSS: AutoHotkey
- RSS Feeds
- Senior Perl Developer
- Girls and Software