Red Hat Is Up With The Sun
The ink appears to be dry on Red Hat's sign-up as part of Sun's open-source Java program, OpenJDK.
Red Hat will now be integrating the work it's done on the Java SE JDK, called IcedTea, with the OpenJDK project, and will eventually offer an implementation for it's Enterprise distro. Red Hat currently provides open-source alternatives to the proprietary elements that remain in OpenJDK.
Red Hat will also be taking a seat on the Executive Committee of the Java Community Process, the body that oversees Java development.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- VMware's Clarity Design System
- On Your Marks, Get Set...Gutsy Gibbon!
- Let's Go to Mars with Martian Lander
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- GENIVI Alliance's GENIVI Vehicle Simulator