Microsoft To Open Up Live.com
The cyber-rumor mills are atwitter with the news that Microsoft may open up the live.com domain for email tomorrow.
For some reason, many see live.com as hot real-estate for email, and have spent a great deal of time trying to find their way onto the domain. A number of hacks appeared early on that allowed users to register live.com addresses, though Microsoft closed the loops fairly quickly. It now seems they may be on the verge of opening the gates.
One has to wonder, however, why anyone would want to host their email with Big Evil...Perhaps they're looking to be email@example.com.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
|Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?||Aug 28, 2015|
|A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects||Aug 27, 2015|
|Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking||Aug 26, 2015|
|My Network Go-Bag||Aug 24, 2015|
|Doing Astronomy with Python||Aug 19, 2015|
|Build a “Virtual SuperComputer” with Process Virtualization||Aug 18, 2015|
- Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking
- Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?
- Problems with Ubuntu's Software Center and How Canonical Plans to Fix Them
- A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects
- Firefox Security Exploit Targets Linux Users and Web Developers
- Doing Astronomy with Python
- My Network Go-Bag
- Build a “Virtual SuperComputer” with Process Virtualization
- Three More Lessons
- Calling All Linux Nerds!