Microsoft To Open Up Live.com
The cyber-rumor mills are atwitter with the news that Microsoft may open up the live.com domain for email tomorrow.
For some reason, many see live.com as hot real-estate for email, and have spent a great deal of time trying to find their way onto the domain. A number of hacks appeared early on that allowed users to register live.com addresses, though Microsoft closed the loops fairly quickly. It now seems they may be on the verge of opening the gates.
One has to wonder, however, why anyone would want to host their email with Big Evil...Perhaps they're looking to be email@example.com.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Wine 1.8 Released
- Firefox OS