Microsoft To Open Up Live.com
The cyber-rumor mills are atwitter with the news that Microsoft may open up the live.com domain for email tomorrow.
For some reason, many see live.com as hot real-estate for email, and have spent a great deal of time trying to find their way onto the domain. A number of hacks appeared early on that allowed users to register live.com addresses, though Microsoft closed the loops fairly quickly. It now seems they may be on the verge of opening the gates.
One has to wonder, however, why anyone would want to host their email with Big Evil...Perhaps they're looking to be email@example.com.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
|openHAB||Apr 24, 2017|
|Omesh Tickoo and Ravi Iyer's Making Sense of Sensors (Apress)||Apr 21, 2017|
|Low Power Wireless: 6LoWPAN, IEEE802.15.4 and the Raspberry Pi||Apr 20, 2017|
|CodeLathe's Tonido Personal Cloud||Apr 19, 2017|
|Wrapping Up the Mars Lander||Apr 18, 2017|
|MultiTaction's MT Canvus-Connect||Apr 17, 2017|
- Teradici's Cloud Access Platform: "Plug & Play" Cloud for the Enterprise
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- Low Power Wireless: 6LoWPAN, IEEE802.15.4 and the Raspberry Pi
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Gordon H. Williams' Making Things Smart (Maker Media, Inc.)
- Non-Linux FOSS: Control Web-Based Music!