Microsoft To Open Up Live.com
The cyber-rumor mills are atwitter with the news that Microsoft may open up the live.com domain for email tomorrow.
For some reason, many see live.com as hot real-estate for email, and have spent a great deal of time trying to find their way onto the domain. A number of hacks appeared early on that allowed users to register live.com addresses, though Microsoft closed the loops fairly quickly. It now seems they may be on the verge of opening the gates.
One has to wonder, however, why anyone would want to host their email with Big Evil...Perhaps they're looking to be email@example.com.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
|Natalie Rusk's Scratch Coding Cards (No Starch Press)||Feb 17, 2017|
|Own Your DNS Data||Feb 16, 2017|
|IGEL Universal Desktop Converter||Feb 15, 2017|
|Simple Server Hardening||Feb 14, 2017|
|Server Technology's HDOT Alt-Phase Switched POPS PDU||Feb 13, 2017|
|Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket||Feb 09, 2017|
- Own Your DNS Data
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Teradici's Cloud Access Platform: "Plug & Play" Cloud for the Enterprise
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- IGEL Universal Desktop Converter
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Natalie Rusk's Scratch Coding Cards (No Starch Press)
- Server Technology's HDOT Alt-Phase Switched POPS PDU