Everex To Do Notebooks Too
This week has been the Week of Low Cost Linux, with WalMart debuting a $200 Linux box, the Eee PC going on sale, and the OLPC opening up with an order for 100,000 systems. Now Everex is getting into the game with notebooks as well.
The manufacturer, which is responsible for WalMart's $200 box, will begin offering a Linux laptop next year, with an asking price under $300. Ultra-low prices have been going up recently, with the OLPC jumping from $100 to $200 per system, and the Eee rising from $200 to $400.
The systems are expected to come in a variety of sizes, and will run the same Ubuntu-based gOS as the Everex desktop.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
On Demand NOW
|My Humble Little Game Collection||May 28, 2015|
|New Linux Based OS Brings Internet of Things Closer to Reality||May 27, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: All the Bitcoin, None of the Bloat||May 26, 2015|
|Dr Hjkl on the Command Line||May 21, 2015|
|Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future||May 20, 2015|
|Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.||May 18, 2015|
- New Linux Based OS Brings Internet of Things Closer to Reality
- My Humble Little Game Collection
- Dr Hjkl on the Command Line
- Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future
- Using Hiera with Puppet
- Non-Linux FOSS: All the Bitcoin, None of the Bloat
- Gartner Dubs DivvyCloud Cool Cloud Management Vendor
- Infinite BusyBox with systemd
- It's Easier to Ask Forgiveness...
- Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.