Everex To Do Notebooks Too
This week has been the Week of Low Cost Linux, with WalMart debuting a $200 Linux box, the Eee PC going on sale, and the OLPC opening up with an order for 100,000 systems. Now Everex is getting into the game with notebooks as well.
The manufacturer, which is responsible for WalMart's $200 box, will begin offering a Linux laptop next year, with an asking price under $300. Ultra-low prices have been going up recently, with the OLPC jumping from $100 to $200 per system, and the Eee rising from $200 to $400.
The systems are expected to come in a variety of sizes, and will run the same Ubuntu-based gOS as the Everex desktop.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Technical Support Rep