Leopard Goes Double Platinum
The latest version of Apple's OS X – code-named Leopard - is poised to set sales records, with more than two million copies of the operating system sold in the first weekend of release.
The latest release, which went on sale on Friday, introduces hundreds of new features, and has been selling faster than any previous OS X release. Initial reviews have been exceptionally positive, with reviewers noting Leopard's impressive speed when compared to Vista, the recently-released but critically un-acclaimed version of Microsoft's Windows operating system.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Wine 1.8 Released
- New Products
- Firefox OS