SanDisk, the leader in Flash memory, is trying to become the only company in Flash memory. In pursuit of the goal, they've filed patent infringement suits against no less than twenty five of their competitors.
The company has not revealed which of it's patents are being infringed upon, but several of the named companies are already in patent battles with SanDisk in U.S. District Court in Wisconsin. With the new suits, SanDisk seeks to prevent the import or sale of it's competitors products, as well as monetary damages. The list of defendants includes substantially all of SanDisk's competition.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Linux Journal December 2016
- Stepping into Science
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740
- Tyson Foods Honored as SUSE Customer of the Year
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution
- Radio Free Linux
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part II
- FutureVault Inc.'s FutureVault
- Synacor, Inc.'s Zimbra Open Source Support and Zimbra Suite Plus
- Message for You, Sir!