Help Drive Linux Drivers
Anybody who has ever tried to hook a printer up to a Linux box knows that good device drivers are in short supply. Apparently, however, the community isn't very good at conveying the need.
The head of the Linux Driver Project, Greg Kroah-Hartman, is asking Linux users to help the project determine what devices need drivers. The project has plenty of developers ready and willing to work, but doesn't have anything they can do. That's where you, the Linux user-base, come in.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Linux Kernel Testing and Debugging
- Tails above the Rest, Part III
- Wanted: Your Embedded Linux Projects
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- The 101 Uses of OpenSSH: Part I
- Docker: Lightweight Linux Containers for Consistent Development and Deployment
- RSS Feeds
- Dolphins in the NSA Dragnet
- Are you an extremist?
- Pass on Passwords with scp