Help Drive Linux Drivers
Anybody who has ever tried to hook a printer up to a Linux box knows that good device drivers are in short supply. Apparently, however, the community isn't very good at conveying the need.
The head of the Linux Driver Project, Greg Kroah-Hartman, is asking Linux users to help the project determine what devices need drivers. The project has plenty of developers ready and willing to work, but doesn't have anything they can do. That's where you, the Linux user-base, come in.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- October 2014 Issue of Linux Journal: Embedded
- Encrypt Your Dog (Mutt and GPG)
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Download "Build a Private Cloud for Less Than $10,000!"
- Practical Tiny Core in the Fire Service
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- DevOps for Dummies
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- New Products
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
We offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, and advice & help from the expert sources like:
- Linux Journal