Biting The Bit
A joint raid by UK and Dutch police brought down mammoth members-only BitTorrent service OiNK yesterday, and may represent a warning to operators of similar networks.
Arrests included a 24-year-old man in the UK, and the seizure of OiNK's servers in Amesterdam. The European music industry had been investigating OiNK for over two years, and was able to confirm the pre-release leaking of at least sixty albums so far in 2007.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
|Privacy Is Personal||Jul 02, 2015|
|July 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Mobile||Jul 01, 2015|
|July 2015 Video Preview||Jul 01, 2015|
|PHP for Non-Developers||Jun 30, 2015|
|A Code Boot Camp for Underprivileged Kids||Jun 30, 2015|
|Comprehensive Identity Management and Audit for Red Hat Enterprise Linux||Jun 29, 2015|
- Physics Analysis Workstation
- Attack of the Drones
- Django Templates
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory
- PHP for Non-Developers
- Practical Books for the Most Technical People on the Planet
- The AtoMiC Toolkit!
- Take Control of Growing Redis NoSQL Server Clusters
- Comprehensive Identity Management and Audit for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Privacy Is Personal