Biting The Bit
A joint raid by UK and Dutch police brought down mammoth members-only BitTorrent service OiNK yesterday, and may represent a warning to operators of similar networks.
Arrests included a 24-year-old man in the UK, and the seizure of OiNK's servers in Amesterdam. The European music industry had been investigating OiNK for over two years, and was able to confirm the pre-release leaking of at least sixty albums so far in 2007.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
Win an iPhone 6
Enter to Win
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
|Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH||Nov 23, 2015|
|Web Stores Held Hostage||Nov 19, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Nov 17, 2015|
|Recipy for Science||Nov 16, 2015|
|Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security||Nov 13, 2015|
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- How Will the Big Data Craze Play Out?
- Simple Photo Editing, Linux Edition!
- Libreboot on an x60, Part II: the Installation
- It's a Bird. It's Another Bird!
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- Strengthening Diffie-Hellman in SSH and TLS