Biting The Bit
A joint raid by UK and Dutch police brought down mammoth members-only BitTorrent service OiNK yesterday, and may represent a warning to operators of similar networks.
Arrests included a 24-year-old man in the UK, and the seizure of OiNK's servers in Amesterdam. The European music industry had been investigating OiNK for over two years, and was able to confirm the pre-release leaking of at least sixty albums so far in 2007.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
On Demand NOW
|Chrome-Colored Parakeets||May 05, 2015|
|Mumblehard--Let's End Its Five-Year Reign||May 04, 2015|
|An Easy Way to Pay for Journalism, Music and Everything Else We Like||May 04, 2015|
|When Official Debian Support Ends, Who Will Save You?||May 01, 2015|
|May 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Cool Projects||May 01, 2015|
|May 2015 Video Preview||May 01, 2015|
- Chrome-Colored Parakeets
- Mumblehard--Let's End Its Five-Year Reign
- An Easy Way to Pay for Journalism, Music and Everything Else We Like
- When Official Debian Support Ends, Who Will Save You?
- Ubuntu Ditches Upstart
- "No Reboot" Kernel Patching - And Why You Should Care
- Video On Demand: 8 Signs You're Beyond Cron
- DevOps: Better Than the Sum of Its Parts
- Picking Out the Nouns
- Return of the Mac