Biting The Bit
A joint raid by UK and Dutch police brought down mammoth members-only BitTorrent service OiNK yesterday, and may represent a warning to operators of similar networks.
Arrests included a 24-year-old man in the UK, and the seizure of OiNK's servers in Amesterdam. The European music industry had been investigating OiNK for over two years, and was able to confirm the pre-release leaking of at least sixty albums so far in 2007.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Giving Silos Their Due
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Firefox OS
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk