One Bad Apple
The rumor-mill is abuzz with reports that Apple has fired 800 employees over fraudulent iPhone rebates.
According to tech blog ArsTechina, two independent sources have confirmed that Apple went on a firing binge over employees who submitted claims for the $100 credit offered to early adopters of the iPhone. For those who aren't in the know, Apple employees got their iPhones for free.
Apparently, these bad apples thought they could get away with a free iPhone and $100. If the rumors are true, what they really got was the sack.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Integrating Trac, Jenkins and Cobbler—Customizing Linux Operating Systems for Organizational Needs
- New Products
- Non-Linux FOSS: Remember Burning ISOs?
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- EdgeRouter Lite
- RSS Feeds
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- SUSE, MariaDB and IBM team up to tame Big Data