One Bad Apple
The rumor-mill is abuzz with reports that Apple has fired 800 employees over fraudulent iPhone rebates.
According to tech blog ArsTechina, two independent sources have confirmed that Apple went on a firing binge over employees who submitted claims for the $100 credit offered to early adopters of the iPhone. For those who aren't in the know, Apple employees got their iPhones for free.
Apparently, these bad apples thought they could get away with a free iPhone and $100. If the rumors are true, what they really got was the sack.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- The Peculiar Case of Email in the Cloud
- Polishing the wegrep Wrapper Script
- A New Mental Model for Computers and Networks