Regulators Do A Double Take
Yahoo bought Right Media. Microsoft grabbed aQuantive. Now Google wants DoubleClick — but the European Union isn't so sure.
Google's purchase of DoubleClick has caught the eye of EU regulators, who have set a November 13th deadline for deciding if the search behemoth will be allowed to make the merge. Approval from US regulators seems certain, and given that both are US-based companies, one might expect that would shore up the matter.
The Union begs to differ, however. Under EU law, if you do more than €250 million in international sales, the EU regulators get the last laugh. Only time will tell if Google gets to double it's fun.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Aug 20, 2014|
|Security Hardening with Ansible||Aug 18, 2014|
|Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark||Aug 14, 2014|
|IndieBox: for Gamers Who Miss Boxes!||Aug 13, 2014|
|Non-Linux FOSS: a Virtualized Cisco Infrastructure?||Aug 11, 2014|
|Linux Security Threats on the Rise||Aug 08, 2014|
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- New Products
- ~Putlocker~2014 Watch Boyhood Online Streaming Full Movie
- Putlocker!! Watch Begin Again Online 2014 Streaming Full Movie
- RSS Feeds