Linspire Loses to Ubuntu
Linspire's recently-departed CEO, Kevin Carmony, publicly announced on Wednesday that he is becoming an Ubuntu user.
The announcement was made via a post in the Ubuntu Forums. Carmony proclaimed his longtime love of Ubuntu, noted that he had considered several distros, and dedicated himself to becoming an active member of the Ubuntu community.
The acquisition of a competitor's former Chief is a feather in the cap for Ubuntu, which already boasts 30% of the desktop Linux market. The announcement came just hours before the triumphant release of Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Machine Learning Everywhere
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Smoothwall Express
- Own Your DNS Data
- Simple Server Hardening
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- Understanding OpenStack's Success
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Ensono M.O.