Dell Selling Linux Faster Than Windows
According to founder Michael Dell, Linux is outselling Windows in the server marketplace at Dell.
Speaking at a conference in Florida, Dell cited Linux's faster growth and adoption for critical applications as reasons for the growth spike. He went on to say that Microsoft's anti-Linux rhetoric and the recently filed patent suits don't seem to be scaring off potential customers.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- RSS Feeds
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Senior Perl Developer
- So girls had it better ?
3 hours 17 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
3 hours 37 min ago
- why is GNOME 3 in the fifth position at 14.1 %?
9 hours 10 min ago
- Sublime Is Brilliant!
14 hours 12 min ago
14 hours 32 min ago
- Rapid[Disk,Cache] better than native ram caching?
14 hours 57 min ago
- Nothing is perfect
15 hours 10 min ago
- Mixtapes Community
20 hours 49 min ago
- KDE is one true DE
21 hours 23 min ago
- Command Line Shells (Bash, Zsh, etc.) are 2nd place
21 hours 52 min ago