Dell Selling Linux Faster Than Windows
According to founder Michael Dell, Linux is outselling Windows in the server marketplace at Dell.
Speaking at a conference in Florida, Dell cited Linux's faster growth and adoption for critical applications as reasons for the growth spike. He went on to say that Microsoft's anti-Linux rhetoric and the recently filed patent suits don't seem to be scaring off potential customers.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
We offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, and advice & help from the expert sources like:
- Linux Journal
- Be a Mechanic...with Android and Linux!
- New Products
- Users, Permissions and Multitenant Sites
- Flexible Access Control with Squid Proxy
- Security in Three Ds: Detect, Decide and Deny
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- Tighten Up SSH
- DevOps: Everything You Need to Know
- Solving ODEs on Linux
- Non-Linux FOSS: MenuMeters