Dell Selling Linux Faster Than Windows
According to founder Michael Dell, Linux is outselling Windows in the server marketplace at Dell.
Speaking at a conference in Florida, Dell cited Linux's faster growth and adoption for critical applications as reasons for the growth spike. He went on to say that Microsoft's anti-Linux rhetoric and the recently filed patent suits don't seem to be scaring off potential customers.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
|Silicon Mechanics Gives Back||Jul 30, 2014|
|Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time||Jul 29, 2014|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Jul 23, 2014|
|Great Scott! It's Version 13!||Jul 21, 2014|
|Adminer—Better Than Awesome!||Jul 17, 2014|
|It Actually Is Rocket Science||Jul 16, 2014|
- Silicon Mechanics Gives Back
- Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time
- Numerical Python
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep