Microsoft Cronies File Anti-Linux Suit
Well, it finally happened. Somebody has decided to test the waters on the Linux “patent infringement” claims. And the cast of characters comes as no surprise.
The suit, alleging patent-infringement by Red Hat and Novell, was filed in the Eastern Texas Division of U.S. District Court by IP Innovation, a subsidary of Acacia Technologies Group. Oddly enough, just days before, Acacia hired some of Microsoft's top brass, including their former intellectual property chief. Surprised? No, didn't think so.
With any luck, they'll get stomped like SCO. Stay tuned for new developments.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Debian Opens "Front Desk" for Derivatives
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- RSS Feeds
- HEC Montréal: Deployment of a Large-Scale Mail Installation
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development