Microsoft Cronies File Anti-Linux Suit
Well, it finally happened. Somebody has decided to test the waters on the Linux “patent infringement” claims. And the cast of characters comes as no surprise.
The suit, alleging patent-infringement by Red Hat and Novell, was filed in the Eastern Texas Division of U.S. District Court by IP Innovation, a subsidary of Acacia Technologies Group. Oddly enough, just days before, Acacia hired some of Microsoft's top brass, including their former intellectual property chief. Surprised? No, didn't think so.
With any luck, they'll get stomped like SCO. Stay tuned for new developments.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- New Products
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- RSS Feeds
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development