Microsoft Cronies File Anti-Linux Suit
Well, it finally happened. Somebody has decided to test the waters on the Linux “patent infringement” claims. And the cast of characters comes as no surprise.
The suit, alleging patent-infringement by Red Hat and Novell, was filed in the Eastern Texas Division of U.S. District Court by IP Innovation, a subsidary of Acacia Technologies Group. Oddly enough, just days before, Acacia hired some of Microsoft's top brass, including their former intellectual property chief. Surprised? No, didn't think so.
With any luck, they'll get stomped like SCO. Stay tuned for new developments.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Open-Source Space
- Silicon Mechanics Gives Back
- Numerical Python
- Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time
- New Storage Solution is Music to the Ears of Fast-Growing Digital Music Company
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- UX Designer