Ballmer Goes Off
From Google to Facebook, Steve Ballmer - CEO of Microsoft and all around arch-villan - went off on just about everybody on Saturday.
In a speech at Microsoft's London campus, Ballmer accused Google of to spying on Gmail users, decried Facebook as a fad, and continued the perennial accusations of patent infringement against Linux, this time going so far as to calling out Red Hat by name. To top off the bizarre performance, he announced that all open source development should take place on Windows.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- New Products
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk