Linux Kernel Gets An Update
Version 2.6.23 of the Linux kernel was released today with a mailing list post from supreme developer Linus Torvalds. The release was delayed, but the message claimed it was “not because of any huge issues.”
Torvalds, often quick to share his thoughts, was quiet on the latest attacks launched by Microsoft, and on whether the Linux kernel would be released under GPLv3.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Journal December 2016
- Stepping into Science
- Synacor, Inc.'s Zimbra Open Source Support and Zimbra Suite Plus
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution
- Tyson Foods Honored as SUSE Customer of the Year
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740
- Girls and Software
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part II
- FutureVault Inc.'s FutureVault