Linux Kernel Gets An Update
Version 2.6.23 of the Linux kernel was released today with a mailing list post from supreme developer Linus Torvalds. The release was delayed, but the message claimed it was “not because of any huge issues.”
Torvalds, often quick to share his thoughts, was quiet on the latest attacks launched by Microsoft, and on whether the Linux kernel would be released under GPLv3.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- It Actually Is Rocket Science
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Kernel Testing and Debugging
- Android Candy: Repix, Not Just Another Photo App
- Tails above the Rest, Part III