Linux Doubles Desktop Share
Linux users rejoice! Our moment has finally come -- somewhat. According to statistics released by Net Applications, Linux use on the desktop has doubled in the past year.
Net Applications tracks and tallies the browsers used to access over 40,000 websites, and according to the reports for September 2007, Linux use has doubled from 0.4% to 0.81% of all systems. Congratulations are in order, though it might be best to save the champagne for when Linux tops 1%.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- RSS Feeds
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- Linux Systems Administrator