Tux Gone Phishing?
According to eBay's security chief, Linux – not Windows – is the preferred OS for spammers and phishers.
Dave Cullinane told Computerworld that eBay has done exhaustive analysis on the systems used by spammers and phishers, and found that most were Linux boxes infected with rootkits, not compromised Microsoft boxes. The announcement came – coincidentally, of course - at a Microsoft-sponsored security conference.
Symantec Security VP Afred Huger weighed in to say that Linux boxes are generally used to control botnets, but the actual bots are almost always Windows computers.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- Identifying Swift Opportunities Relating to interview transcript holocaust
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep