SFLC Says Suit Will Go On
According to the attorney for the Software Freedom Law Center, Dan Ravicher, Monsoon Multimedia isn't getting off the hook for GPL infringement. The SFLC filed suit against the company last month after a Monsoon representative admitted the company's non-GPL software incorporated GPL-licensed elements.
Reports surfaced days later that the matter had been resolved out of court. Ravicher has cleared up any lingering speculation: “Simply coming into compliance now is not sufficient.” The first GPL suit is still on, and the SFLC intends to send a message.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- An Introduction to GCC Compiler Intrinsics in Vector Processing
- Remote Procedure Calls
- Creating VPNs with IPsec and SSL/TLS
- Validate an E-Mail Address with PHP, the Right Way
- Getting Help
- RSS Feeds
- SSH Tunneling - Poor Techie's VPN
- MariaDB/MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite3 - Comparing Command-Line Interfaces
- Wi-Fi Mini Honeypot
- [STREAMING] WATCH GODZILLA ONLINE FULL HD & DOWNLOAD MOVIE INSTANTLY