SFLC Says Suit Will Go On
According to the attorney for the Software Freedom Law Center, Dan Ravicher, Monsoon Multimedia isn't getting off the hook for GPL infringement. The SFLC filed suit against the company last month after a Monsoon representative admitted the company's non-GPL software incorporated GPL-licensed elements.
Reports surfaced days later that the matter had been resolved out of court. Ravicher has cleared up any lingering speculation: “Simply coming into compliance now is not sufficient.” The first GPL suit is still on, and the SFLC intends to send a message.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- It Actually Is Rocket Science
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Kernel Testing and Debugging
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Android Candy: Repix, Not Just Another Photo App
- Tails above the Rest, Part III