SFLC Says Suit Will Go On
According to the attorney for the Software Freedom Law Center, Dan Ravicher, Monsoon Multimedia isn't getting off the hook for GPL infringement. The SFLC filed suit against the company last month after a Monsoon representative admitted the company's non-GPL software incorporated GPL-licensed elements.
Reports surfaced days later that the matter had been resolved out of court. Ravicher has cleared up any lingering speculation: “Simply coming into compliance now is not sufficient.” The first GPL suit is still on, and the SFLC intends to send a message.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- How to Deliver Hybrid Apps in 2 Weeks [Webcast]
- One Port to Rule Them All!
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory
- Django Templates
- PHP for Non-Developers
- Linux Kernel 4.1 Released
- Privacy Is Personal
- July 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Mobile
- The AtoMiC Toolkit!
- Practical Books for the Most Technical People on the Planet