SFLC Says Suit Will Go On
According to the attorney for the Software Freedom Law Center, Dan Ravicher, Monsoon Multimedia isn't getting off the hook for GPL infringement. The SFLC filed suit against the company last month after a Monsoon representative admitted the company's non-GPL software incorporated GPL-licensed elements.
Reports surfaced days later that the matter had been resolved out of court. Ravicher has cleared up any lingering speculation: “Simply coming into compliance now is not sufficient.” The first GPL suit is still on, and the SFLC intends to send a message.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- Debugging Democracy
- NethServer: Linux without All That Linux Stuff