SFLC Says Suit Will Go On
According to the attorney for the Software Freedom Law Center, Dan Ravicher, Monsoon Multimedia isn't getting off the hook for GPL infringement. The SFLC filed suit against the company last month after a Monsoon representative admitted the company's non-GPL software incorporated GPL-licensed elements.
Reports surfaced days later that the matter had been resolved out of court. Ravicher has cleared up any lingering speculation: “Simply coming into compliance now is not sufficient.” The first GPL suit is still on, and the SFLC intends to send a message.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- RSS Feeds
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- New Products
1 hour 3 min ago
- yes it's Jupiter Broadcasting
2 hours 23 min ago
- nice to see PClinuxOS finally
4 hours 56 min ago
- Personally, I am no longer a
5 hours 53 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
19 hours 18 min ago
- It's Jupiter
20 hours 18 min ago
- GIMP is certainly a graphic
21 hours 20 min ago
- Thanks For Your Sharing
1 day 2 hours ago
- Studying linux, and looking
1 day 5 hours ago
- voting for Best Linux Distribution
1 day 13 hours ago