SFLC Says Suit Will Go On
According to the attorney for the Software Freedom Law Center, Dan Ravicher, Monsoon Multimedia isn't getting off the hook for GPL infringement. The SFLC filed suit against the company last month after a Monsoon representative admitted the company's non-GPL software incorporated GPL-licensed elements.
Reports surfaced days later that the matter had been resolved out of court. Ravicher has cleared up any lingering speculation: “Simply coming into compliance now is not sufficient.” The first GPL suit is still on, and the SFLC intends to send a message.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Geek Guide: The DevOps Toolbox
- Nmap—Not Just for Evil!
- Download "The DevOps Toolbox: Tools and Technologies for Scale and Reliability"
- March 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- Resurrecting the Armadillo
- Real-Time Rogue Wireless Access Point Detection with the Raspberry Pi
- DNSMasq, the Pint-Sized Super Dæmon!
- Localhost DNS Cache
- Days Between Dates: the Counting