SFLC Says Suit Will Go On
According to the attorney for the Software Freedom Law Center, Dan Ravicher, Monsoon Multimedia isn't getting off the hook for GPL infringement. The SFLC filed suit against the company last month after a Monsoon representative admitted the company's non-GPL software incorporated GPL-licensed elements.
Reports surfaced days later that the matter had been resolved out of court. Ravicher has cleared up any lingering speculation: “Simply coming into compliance now is not sufficient.” The first GPL suit is still on, and the SFLC intends to send a message.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer