What's new with Ruby
Wow! There have been big events in the Ruby universe recently. I’ll be writing about several of them over the next couple of weeks, but today I want to touch on one that gets pretty deeply into Ruby.
Ruby has a long history of test-infection, and has had unit testing tools in the standard library for quite a while. Nathaniel Talbott wrote test/unit and has maintained it ever since, but he’s not the only person deeply involved in unit testing with Ruby. Ryan Davis ,also known as zenspider, and Eric Hodel have done sme amazing work with ZenTest.
It turns out that Ryan (and probably Eric, it seems like they work on most projects together) are going to take over test/unit. It will be interesting to see where test/unit goes in the hands of these two test driven hackers. One thing that they’re promising is that it will be smaller (probably based on miniunit).
Good times indeed.
-- -pate http://on-ruby.blogspot.com
|Omesh Tickoo and Ravi Iyer's Making Sense of Sensors (Apress)||Apr 21, 2017|
|Low Power Wireless: 6LoWPAN, IEEE802.15.4 and the Raspberry Pi||Apr 20, 2017|
|CodeLathe's Tonido Personal Cloud||Apr 19, 2017|
|Wrapping Up the Mars Lander||Apr 18, 2017|
|MultiTaction's MT Canvus-Connect||Apr 17, 2017|
|Android Candy: Facebook Everything?!?!||Apr 14, 2017|
- Teradici's Cloud Access Platform: "Plug & Play" Cloud for the Enterprise
- Low Power Wireless: 6LoWPAN, IEEE802.15.4 and the Raspberry Pi
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Gordon H. Williams' Making Things Smart (Maker Media, Inc.)
- Non-Linux FOSS: Control Web-Based Music!
- IGEL Universal Desktop Converter
- Server Technology's HDOT Alt-Phase Switched POPS PDU