Ruby in 2006 -- A Retrospective Collection
Well, 2007 is nearly upon us, which means that a lot of people are looking back on last year. The Ruby community is no exception. Why the Luck Stiff has posted the grandaddy of Ruby 2006 retrospectives. But wait, there's more — there are a growing number of local retrospectives as well. I've posted the ones I know about here, and will add more as I find them:
- Ruby in the Twin Cities in 2006
- Ruby Re-Awakens Pune in 2006
- Ruby in Utah in 2006
- Top 10 Highgroove Moments in 2006
- Saint Louis: The Pursuit of Rubyness ('06)
The downside to all of this is that no matter how many people post retrospectives, we'll still miss something. What Ruby news didn't make it into the retrospectives above?
-- -pate http://on-ruby.blogspot.com
Special Reports: DevOps
Have projects in development that need help? Have a great development operation in place that can ALWAYS be better? Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
With deep focus on Collaborative Development, Continuous Testing and Release & Deployment, we offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, advice & help from the experts, plus a host of other books, videos, podcasts and more. All free with a quick, one-time registration. Start browsing now...
- Hash Tables—Theory and Practice
- The Ubuntu Conspiracy
- Making a PHP Site on Linux Work with a Microsoft SQL Server Database
- A First Look at IBM's New Linux Servers
- Vigilante Malware
- Disney's Linux Light Bulbs (Not a "Luxo Jr." Reboot)
- Vagrant Simplified
- System Status as SMS Text Messages
- Dealing with Boundary Issues
- Bluetooth Hacks