Zenoss and the Art of Network Monitoring
There are a multitude of other features in Zenoss that space here prevents covering, including Network Maps (Figure 8), a Google Maps API for multilocation monitoring (Figure 9) and Zenpacks that provide additional monitoring and performance-capturing capabilities for common applications.
In the span of this article, we have deployed an enterprise-grade monitoring solution with relative ease. Although it's surprisingly easy to deploy, Zenoss also possesses a deep feature set. It easily rivals, if not surpasses, commercial competitors in the same product space. It is easy to manage, highly customizable and supported by a vibrant community.
Although you may not achieve the silent mind as long as you work with networks, with Zenoss, at least you will be able to sleep at night knowing you will hear things when they go down. Hopefully, they won't be trees.
Zenoss SourceForge Downloads Page: sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=163126
CentOS 5 Mirrors: isoredirect.centos.org/centos/5/isos/i386
Jeramiah Bowling has been a systems administrator and network engineer for more than ten years. He works for a regional accounting and auditing firm in Hunt Valley, Maryland, and holds numerous industry certifications, including the CISSP. Your comments are welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Aug 20, 2014|
|Security Hardening with Ansible||Aug 18, 2014|
|Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark||Aug 14, 2014|
|IndieBox: for Gamers Who Miss Boxes!||Aug 13, 2014|
|Non-Linux FOSS: a Virtualized Cisco Infrastructure?||Aug 11, 2014|
|Linux Security Threats on the Rise||Aug 08, 2014|
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Security Threats on the Rise
- IndieBox: for Gamers Who Miss Boxes!