Work the Shell - Web Server Tricks with $RANDOM
Oct 01, 2009 By Dave Taylor
Add some pseudo-randomness to your scripts and user interaction.
Dave Taylor has been hacking shell scripts for over thirty years. Really. He's the author of the popular "Wicked Cool Shell Scripts" and can be found on Twitter as @DaveTaylor and more generally at www.DaveTaylorOnline.com.
- Linux Kernel Testing and Debugging
- UNIX under the Desktop
- Wanted: Your Embedded Linux Projects
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Why Python?
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Tails above the Rest, Part III
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- RSS Feeds
- Tails above the Rest, Part II