Work the Shell - Understanding Shell Script Shorthand
Mar 01, 2008 By Dave Taylor
Wherein we delve into the mysterious shell script authoring style of system scripts, deciphering common shorthand notations and exploring why they are a part of scripting. If you ever dig about in system scripts, you'll definitely want to read this column!
Dave Taylor has been hacking shell scripts for over thirty years. Really. He's the author of the popular "Wicked Cool Shell Scripts" and can be found on Twitter as @DaveTaylor and more generally at www.DaveTaylorOnline.com.
|Android Candy: That App Is for the Birds!||Mar 22, 2017|
|Hodge Podge||Mar 21, 2017|
|William Rothwell and Nick Garner's Certified Ethical Hacker Complete Video Course (Pearson IT Certification)||Mar 20, 2017|
|Preseeding Full Disk Encryption||Mar 16, 2017|
|William Gurstelle's ReMaking History, Volume 3 (Maker Media, Inc.)||Mar 15, 2017|
|GRUB Boot from ISO||Mar 14, 2017|
- Two Ways GDPR Will Change Your Data Storage Solution
- Hodge Podge
- William Rothwell and Nick Garner's Certified Ethical Hacker Complete Video Course (Pearson IT Certification)
- Preseeding Full Disk Encryption
- Android Candy: That App Is for the Birds!
- Flash ROMs with a Raspberry Pi
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Minifree Ltd.'s GNU+Linux Computers
- GRUB Boot from ISO
- Two Factors Are Better Than One