Work the Shell - Special Variables I: the Basics
Jan 01, 2009 By Dave Taylor
Dave begins a new series of columns on shell variable notation.
Dave Taylor has been hacking shell scripts for over thirty years. Really. He's the author of the popular "Wicked Cool Shell Scripts" and can be found on Twitter as @DaveTaylor and more generally at www.DaveTaylorOnline.com.
- Readers' Choice Awards--Nominate Your Apps & Gadgets Now!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- RSS Feeds
- Non-Linux FOSS: AutoHotkey
- Security Hardening with Ansible