State of the Art: Linux Audio 2008
In Part II of this article, I'll assess the current state of development of Linux sound and music applications. Until then, stay tuned.
Linux Journal On-line Articles by Dave Phillips: www.linuxjournal.com/users/dave-phillips/track
List of Linux-Powered Hardware at LinuxDevices.com: www.linuxdevices.com/articles/AT5690634012.html
The Linux Sound and Music Software Index at Linuxaudio.org: apps.linuxaudio.org
The Linux Sound and Music Applications List at linux-sound.org: linux-sound.org
The Linux Audio Music Site: lam.fugal.net
Dave Phillips is a professional musician and writer living in Findlay, Ohio. He's been using Linux since the mid-1990s and was one of the original founders of the Linux Audio Developers group. He is the author of The Book of Linux Music & Sound (No Starch Press, 2000) and has written many articles on Linux music and sound issues for various journals and on-line news sites. When he isn't playing with light and sound, he enjoys reading Latin literature, practicing t'ai chi, chasing shar-pei puppies and spending time with his beloved Ivy.
Similis sum folio de quo ludunt venti.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Debian Opens "Front Desk" for Derivatives
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- HEC Montréal: Deployment of a Large-Scale Mail Installation
- RSS Feeds
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development