Sounding Out with the OLPC XO
A TamTam Mini Example (Ocarina Jam): linux-sound.org/audio/tamtam-mini-example.ogg
A TamTam Edit Example (Default Compose): linux-sound.org/audio/tamtam-edit-example.ogg
Jaya Kumar's Paper for LAC 2007: www.kgw.tu-berlin.de/~lac2007/papers/lac07_kumar.pdf
Jaya Kumar's Slides from FOSS/IN 2006: https://foss.in/2006/cfp/slides/ALSA_and_OLPC_audio_82.pdf
The OLPC Wiki: wiki.laptop.org/go/The_OLPC_Wiki
Wikipedia on the XO: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OLPC_XO-1
See also YouTube for video demonstrations of various aspects of the XO.
Dave Phillips is a professional musician and writer living in Findlay, Ohio. He's been using Linux since the mid-1990s and was one of the original founders of the Linux Audio Developers group. He is the author of The Book of Linux Music & Sound (No Starch Press, 2000) and has written many articles on Linux music and sound issues for various journals and on-line news sites. When he isn't playing with light and sound, he enjoys reading Latin literature, practicing t'ai chi, chasing shar-pei puppies and spending time with his beloved Ivy.
Similis sum folio de quo ludunt venti.
|Omesh Tickoo and Ravi Iyer's Making Sense of Sensors (Apress)||Apr 21, 2017|
|Low Power Wireless: 6LoWPAN, IEEE802.15.4 and the Raspberry Pi||Apr 20, 2017|
|CodeLathe's Tonido Personal Cloud||Apr 19, 2017|
|Wrapping Up the Mars Lander||Apr 18, 2017|
|MultiTaction's MT Canvus-Connect||Apr 17, 2017|
|Android Candy: Facebook Everything?!?!||Apr 14, 2017|
- Low Power Wireless: 6LoWPAN, IEEE802.15.4 and the Raspberry Pi
- Teradici's Cloud Access Platform: "Plug & Play" Cloud for the Enterprise
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Gordon H. Williams' Making Things Smart (Maker Media, Inc.)
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- A Switch for Your RPi
- IGEL Universal Desktop Converter
- Non-Linux FOSS: Control Web-Based Music!