Sounding Out with the OLPC XO
A TamTam Mini Example (Ocarina Jam): linux-sound.org/audio/tamtam-mini-example.ogg
A TamTam Edit Example (Default Compose): linux-sound.org/audio/tamtam-edit-example.ogg
Jaya Kumar's Paper for LAC 2007: www.kgw.tu-berlin.de/~lac2007/papers/lac07_kumar.pdf
Jaya Kumar's Slides from FOSS/IN 2006: https://foss.in/2006/cfp/slides/ALSA_and_OLPC_audio_82.pdf
The OLPC Wiki: wiki.laptop.org/go/The_OLPC_Wiki
Wikipedia on the XO: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OLPC_XO-1
See also YouTube for video demonstrations of various aspects of the XO.
Dave Phillips is a professional musician and writer living in Findlay, Ohio. He's been using Linux since the mid-1990s and was one of the original founders of the Linux Audio Developers group. He is the author of The Book of Linux Music & Sound (No Starch Press, 2000) and has written many articles on Linux music and sound issues for various journals and on-line news sites. When he isn't playing with light and sound, he enjoys reading Latin literature, practicing t'ai chi, chasing shar-pei puppies and spending time with his beloved Ivy.
Similis sum folio de quo ludunt venti.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- RSS Feeds
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- <Watch> HD! Watch Walking On Sunshine Online Full Movie Streaming