Sounding Out with the OLPC XO
A TamTam Mini Example (Ocarina Jam): linux-sound.org/audio/tamtam-mini-example.ogg
A TamTam Edit Example (Default Compose): linux-sound.org/audio/tamtam-edit-example.ogg
Jaya Kumar's Paper for LAC 2007: www.kgw.tu-berlin.de/~lac2007/papers/lac07_kumar.pdf
Jaya Kumar's Slides from FOSS/IN 2006: https://foss.in/2006/cfp/slides/ALSA_and_OLPC_audio_82.pdf
The OLPC Wiki: wiki.laptop.org/go/The_OLPC_Wiki
Wikipedia on the XO: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OLPC_XO-1
See also YouTube for video demonstrations of various aspects of the XO.
Dave Phillips is a professional musician and writer living in Findlay, Ohio. He's been using Linux since the mid-1990s and was one of the original founders of the Linux Audio Developers group. He is the author of The Book of Linux Music & Sound (No Starch Press, 2000) and has written many articles on Linux music and sound issues for various journals and on-line news sites. When he isn't playing with light and sound, he enjoys reading Latin literature, practicing t'ai chi, chasing shar-pei puppies and spending time with his beloved Ivy.
Similis sum folio de quo ludunt venti.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Aug 20, 2014|
|Security Hardening with Ansible||Aug 18, 2014|
|Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark||Aug 14, 2014|
|IndieBox: for Gamers Who Miss Boxes!||Aug 13, 2014|
|Non-Linux FOSS: a Virtualized Cisco Infrastructure?||Aug 11, 2014|
|Linux Security Threats on the Rise||Aug 08, 2014|
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- RSS Feeds
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Linux Security Threats on the Rise
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!