Point/Counterpoint - Small Laptops vs. Large Laptops
Kyle Rankin is a systems architect; and the author of DevOps Troubleshooting, The Official Ubuntu Server Book, Knoppix Hacks, Knoppix Pocket Reference, Linux Multimedia Hacks, and Ubuntu Hacks.
|Dynamic DNS—an Object Lesson in Problem Solving||May 21, 2013|
|Using Salt Stack and Vagrant for Drupal Development||May 20, 2013|
|Making Linux and Android Get Along (It's Not as Hard as It Sounds)||May 16, 2013|
|Drupal Is a Framework: Why Everyone Needs to Understand This||May 15, 2013|
|Home, My Backup Data Center||May 13, 2013|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Seashore||May 10, 2013|
- Dynamic DNS—an Object Lesson in Problem Solving
- Using Salt Stack and Vagrant for Drupal Development
- Making Linux and Android Get Along (It's Not as Hard as It Sounds)
- New Products
- Parallel Programming with NVIDIA CUDA
- RSS Feeds
- Python Programming for Beginners
- Debian on Steroids III: Libranet 3.0
- Trying to Tame the Tablet
- A Partner's Survival Guide
1 hour 8 min ago
- Keeping track of IP address
2 hours 59 min ago
- Roll your own dynamic dns
8 hours 12 min ago
- Please correct the URL for Salt Stack's web site
11 hours 24 min ago
- Android is Linux -- why no better inter-operation
13 hours 39 min ago
- Connecting Android device to desktop Linux via USB
14 hours 7 min ago
- Find new cell phone and tablet pc
15 hours 5 min ago
16 hours 34 min ago
- Automatically updating Guest Additions
17 hours 43 min ago
- I like your topic on android
18 hours 29 min ago
Enter to Win an Adafruit Pi Cobbler Breakout Kit for Raspberry Pi
Congratulations to our winners so far:
- 5-8-13, Pi Starter Pack: Jack Davis
- 5-15-13, Pi Model B 512MB RAM: Patrick Dunn
- 5-21-13, Prototyping Pi Plate Kit: Philip Kirby
- Next winner announced on 5-27-13!
Free Webinar: Hadoop
Some of key questions to be discussed are:
- What is the “typical” Hadoop cluster and what should be installed on the different machine types?
- Why should you consider the typical workload patterns when making your hardware decisions?
- Are all microservers created equal for Hadoop deployments?
- How do I plan for expansion if I require more compute, memory, storage or networking?