Podcast Recording Shootout
Of the two, on technical merits, Gizmo is the clear victor over most of the field. Happily, it's also the winner on cultural merits. However, Skype is used more widely, and potential guests are more likely to be familiar with it. The different network architectures of the two services gives an odd kind of redundancy—often, when one's sound quality stinks, the other's works gloriously. My advice: keep them both around. But, when it comes time to buy call-out credits or to get a call-in number, stick with Gizmo.
Dan Sawyer is the founder of ArtisticWhispers Productions (www.artisticwhispers.com), a small audio/video studio in the San Francisco Bay Area. He has been an enthusiastic advocate for free and open-source software since the late 1990s, when he founded the Blenderwars filmmaking community (www.blenderwars.com). He currently is the host of “The Polyschizmatic Reprobates Hour”, a cultural commentary podcast, and “Sculpting God”, a science-fiction anthology podcast. Author contact information is available at www.jdsawyer.net.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Putlocker!! Watch Begin Again Online 2014 Streaming Full Movie
- New Products
- RSS Feeds
- Security Hardening with Ansible