Paranoid Penguin - Secured Remote Desktop/Application Sessions
Thus ends my crash course on how to control graphical applications over networks. I hope my examples of both techniques, SSH with X forwarding and VNC over SSH, help you get started with whatever particular distribution and software packages you prefer. Be safe!
The Cygwin/X (information about Cygwin's free X server for Microsoft Windows): x.cygwin.com.
Tichondrius' HOWTO for setting up VNC with resumable sessions—Ubuntu-centric, but mostly applicable to other distributions: ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=122402.
Wikipedia's VNC article, which may be helpful in making sense of the different flavors of VNC: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vnc.
Mick Bauer (email@example.com) is Network Security Architect for one of the US's largest banks. He is the author of the O'Reilly book Linux Server Security, 2nd edition (formerly called Building Secure Servers With Linux), an occasional presenter at information security conferences and composer of the “Network Engineering Polka”.
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- New Products
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- RSS Feeds
- Putlocker!! Watch Begin Again Online 2014 Streaming Full Movie