Paranoid Penguin - Samba Security, Part III
That's all we've got space for this month. Next time, we'll create that third, mick-only share (I'll bet you can figure that out yourself beforehand), create persistent Samba mounts on our client systems using smbmount and at least briefly address some miscellaneous Samba security topics, such as how to make Samba automatically and safely serve people's home directories. Until then, be safe!
Mick Bauer (firstname.lastname@example.org) is Network Security Architect for one of the US's largest banks. He is the author of the O'Reilly book Linux Server Security, 2nd edition (formerly called Building Secure Servers With Linux), an occasional presenter at information security conferences and composer of the “Network Engineering Polka”.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Linux-Based X Terminals with XDMCP
- RSS Feeds
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer