One Box. Sixteen Trillion Bytes.
I have been using this system in production for several months and have consumed only a fraction of the available space:
# df -t xfs Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/sdb1 13566738304 2245371020 11321367284 17% /backup
I am quite happy with the result, as I have plenty of room to add more systems to the backup schedule, and I am confident I will not lose any backups due to hardware failures.
Eric Pearce is the IT Lead for AmberPoint, Inc, an SOA governance software company based in Oakland, California. He has authored several books on UNIX and Windows system administration for O'Reilly & Associates.
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- RSS Feeds
- It Actually Is Rocket Science
- Senior Perl Developer