New Projects - Fresh from the Labs
Project at a Glance
LongoMatch: the Digital Coach
You know how much I love a niche project, and here is something genuinely cool-looking. According to its Web site:
LongoMatch is a sports video analysis tool for coaches to assist them in making game video analysis. You can tag the most important plays of the game and group them by categories to study each detail of the game strategy. A list with all the tagged plays lets you review them with a simple click, even in slow motion. The timeline gives a quick overview of the game and lets you adjust the lead and lag time of each play frame by frame. LongoMatch has support for playlists, an easy way to create presentations with plays from different games. Besides, you can create new videos with your favorite plays using the video editing feature.
Hopefully, I can get this working by next month; it looks to be a juicy little project!
Brewing something fresh, innovative or mind-bending? Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
John Knight is a 24-year-old, drumming- and climbing-obsessed maniac from the world's most isolated city—Perth, Western Australia. He can usually be found either buried in an Audacity screen or thrashing a kick-drum beyond recognition.
John Knight is the New Projects columnist for Linux Journal.
- An Introduction to Tabled Logic Programming with Picat
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- A New Mental Model for Computers and Networks