New Projects - Fresh from the Labs
Project at a Glance
Danger from the Deep (dangerdeep.sourceforge.net)
Danger from the Deep is a free, open-source, WW2 German submarine simulator. The Web site says, “This game is planned as tactical simulation and will be as realistic as our time and knowledge of physics allows”. I've had a brief chance to play it, and so far, I've seen a game full of polish and passion. I'm looking forward to covering this more next month.
Brewing something fresh, innovative or mind-bending? Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
John Knight is a 25-year-old, drumming- and climbing-obsessed maniac from the world's most isolated city—Perth, Western Australia. He can usually be found either buried in an Audacity screen or thrashing a kick-drum beyond recognition.
John Knight is the New Projects columnist for Linux Journal.
Special Reports: DevOps
- Non-Linux FOSS: Code Your Way To Victory!
- Vagrant Simplified
- Disney's Linux Light Bulbs (Not a "Luxo Jr." Reboot)
- Libreboot on an X60, Part I: the Setup
- Dealing with Boundary Issues
- System Status as SMS Text Messages
- Bluetooth Hacks
- New Products
- October 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Raspberry Pi
- Linux and the Internet of Things