MindTouch bills its Deki (formerly Deki Wiki) as an open-source enterprise collaboration and integration platform that helps information workers, IT professionals and developers collaborate and connect disparate enterprise systems and data sources. With Deki, businesses can connect and mash up the application and data silos that exist across an enterprise—including legacy systems, CRM and ERP applications, databases and Web 2.0 applications. Adapters are available for widely used IT and developer systems, such as SugarCRM, Salesforce, LinkedIn, MySQL, VisiFire, WordPress and more.
Enriching the vast MySQL ecosystem is the new ExtSQL, short for Extended usage statistics for SQL. The product is designed to provide DBAs with a simple tool for monitoring database activity by individual user, database, host or even connection. Software Workshop asserts that present SQL monitoring tools allow only gross monitoring at the server level. ExtSQL provides extra detail, including historical data, and makes it available from the command line. The ExtSQL server is designed to be a drop-in replacement for an existing mysqld or postmaster executable.
Please send information about releases of Linux-related products to firstname.lastname@example.org or New Products c/o Linux Journal, 1752 NW Market Street, #200, Seattle, WA 98107. Submissions are edited for length and content.
James Gray is Products Editor for Linux Journal
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Wine 1.8 Released
- Firefox OS
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk