The new, updated v2.1 of Fixstars' Y-HPC for Sony PlayStation 3, dubbed by the company as the world's only commercial, cross-architecture cluster construction suite, is now available. This release's key improvement is the addition of the next generation of ps3vram for fast, temporary file storage or swap using PS3 video RAM. This version of ps3vram, says Fixstars, is up to 50% faster than prior versions and is automatically enabled as swap. Also included are the new features found in Yellow Dog Enterprise Linux v6.1, such as updated kernel v2.6.28, IBM Cell SDK v188.8.131.52, improved ps3vram support and Libfreevec. Fixstars says that the monumental improvements in compute performance from Y-HPC v2.1 will allow existing and new PlayStation 3 clusters to tackle problems never before believed to be practical.
Please send information about releases of Linux-related products to email@example.com or New Products c/o Linux Journal, PO Box 980985, Houston, TX 77098. Submissions are edited for length and content.
James Gray is Products Editor for Linux Journal.
- Stepping into Science
- Qu’est-ce qu’on a fait au Bon Dieu ? Télécharger Le Film Complet Gratuit
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution
- Linux Journal December 2016
- Tyson Foods Honored as SUSE Customer of the Year
- Radio Free Linux
- FutureVault Inc.'s FutureVault
- On Your Marks, Get Set...Gutsy Gibbon!
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part II