The new, updated v2.1 of Fixstars' Y-HPC for Sony PlayStation 3, dubbed by the company as the world's only commercial, cross-architecture cluster construction suite, is now available. This release's key improvement is the addition of the next generation of ps3vram for fast, temporary file storage or swap using PS3 video RAM. This version of ps3vram, says Fixstars, is up to 50% faster than prior versions and is automatically enabled as swap. Also included are the new features found in Yellow Dog Enterprise Linux v6.1, such as updated kernel v2.6.28, IBM Cell SDK v18.104.22.168, improved ps3vram support and Libfreevec. Fixstars says that the monumental improvements in compute performance from Y-HPC v2.1 will allow existing and new PlayStation 3 clusters to tackle problems never before believed to be practical.
Please send information about releases of Linux-related products to email@example.com or New Products c/o Linux Journal, PO Box 980985, Houston, TX 77098. Submissions are edited for length and content.
James Gray is Products Editor for Linux Journal
|Silicon Mechanics Gives Back||Jul 30, 2014|
|Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time||Jul 29, 2014|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Jul 23, 2014|
|Great Scott! It's Version 13!||Jul 21, 2014|
|Adminer—Better Than Awesome!||Jul 17, 2014|
|It Actually Is Rocket Science||Jul 16, 2014|
- Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time
- Numerical Python
- Silicon Mechanics Gives Back
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer