The new, updated v2.1 of Fixstars' Y-HPC for Sony PlayStation 3, dubbed by the company as the world's only commercial, cross-architecture cluster construction suite, is now available. This release's key improvement is the addition of the next generation of ps3vram for fast, temporary file storage or swap using PS3 video RAM. This version of ps3vram, says Fixstars, is up to 50% faster than prior versions and is automatically enabled as swap. Also included are the new features found in Yellow Dog Enterprise Linux v6.1, such as updated kernel v2.6.28, IBM Cell SDK v188.8.131.52, improved ps3vram support and Libfreevec. Fixstars says that the monumental improvements in compute performance from Y-HPC v2.1 will allow existing and new PlayStation 3 clusters to tackle problems never before believed to be practical.
Please send information about releases of Linux-related products to firstname.lastname@example.org or New Products c/o Linux Journal, PO Box 980985, Houston, TX 77098. Submissions are edited for length and content.
James Gray is Products Editor for Linux Journal.
|PasswordPing Ltd.'s Exposed Password and Credentials API Service||Apr 28, 2017|
|Graph Any Data with Cacti!||Apr 27, 2017|
|Be Kind, Buffer!||Apr 26, 2017|
|Preparing Data for Machine Learning||Apr 25, 2017|
|openHAB||Apr 24, 2017|
|Omesh Tickoo and Ravi Iyer's Making Sense of Sensors (Apress)||Apr 21, 2017|
- Graph Any Data with Cacti!
- Teradici's Cloud Access Platform: "Plug & Play" Cloud for the Enterprise
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- Simple Server Hardening
- PasswordPing Ltd.'s Exposed Password and Credentials API Service
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Gordon H. Williams' Making Things Smart (Maker Media, Inc.)
- IGEL Universal Desktop Converter
- Server Technology's HDOT Alt-Phase Switched POPS PDU