Linux Journal Contents #190, February 2010
Feb 01, 2010 By Staff
KDE 4 on Windows
by Stuart Jarvis
Set your Windows free with KDE.
Running Remote Applications
by Michael J. Hammel
It's just like being there.
The Future of the KDE Free Desktop
by Jos Poortvliet
An interview with lead KDE developers Aaron Seigo and Sebastian Kügler.
Re-invent Your Desktop with Plasma!
by Riccardo Iaconelli
An introduction to writing KDE plasmoids.
Reuven M. Lerner's At the Forge
Debugging Rails Applications
Dave Taylor's Work the Shell
Parsing Your Twitter Stream
Mick Bauer's Paranoid Penguin
Linux VPNs with OpenVPN
Kyle Rankin's Hack and /
Make a Local Mutt Mail Server
Dirk Elmendorf's Economy Size Geek
A Desktop for Our Little Penguin
Doc Searls' EOF
The Google Exposure
OpenOffice.org vs. Microsoft Office
by Bruce Byfield
A Review of the Always Innovating Touchbook
by Daniel Bartholomew
In Every Issue
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN
- Server Hardening
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk