Introducing OpenLaszlo 4
Check out the Laszlo Systems Web site for more information on OpenLaszlo (see Resources). Be sure to take 30 minutes to view the rather excellent screencast provided, which has OpenLaszlo guru Adam Wolff stepping through some of the technology's features (note: Adam's video inspired much of the material in this article). To learn most of what there is to know about LZX, check out the Manning Publications book: Laszlo in Action (see Resources). All of the LZX and Ruby code presented in this article is available for download from the Linux Journal FTP site (see Resources).
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Firefox OS
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk