Hack and / - When Disaster Strikes: Restoring a Master Boot Record
Apr 01, 2009 By Kyle Rankin
The Master Boot Record is an amazing little section of disk that you almost never notice—until it's gone. When that happens, read below to find out how to bring it back.
Kyle Rankin is a director of engineering operations in the San Francisco Bay Area, the author of a number of books including DevOps Troubleshooting and The Official Ubuntu Server Book, and is a columnist for Linux Journal.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Senior Perl Developer