Hack and / - When Disaster Strikes: Attack of the rm Command
May 01, 2009 By Kyle Rankin
rm -rf / command ever be tamed? Learn how to pick up the pieces when rm runs rampant on your filesystem.
Kyle Rankin is a systems architect; and the author of DevOps Troubleshooting, The Official Ubuntu Server Book, Knoppix Hacks, Knoppix Pocket Reference, Linux Multimedia Hacks, and Ubuntu Hacks.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- Linux Kernel News - November 2013
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- RSS Feeds
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Linux Systems Administrator
- The kernel doesn't really
10 min 21 sec ago
41 min 21 sec ago
41 min 27 sec ago
2 hours 46 min ago
- This should be very helpful
4 hours 10 sec ago
- As much as I share your point
6 hours 20 min ago
- So girls had it better ?
9 hours 51 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
10 hours 11 min ago
- why is GNOME 3 in the fifth position at 14.1 %?
15 hours 44 min ago
- Sublime Is Brilliant!
20 hours 46 min ago